Washington Home of Your Own, Non-profit Housing Provider
Washington Home of Your Own creates affordable housing programs that empower people to discover their potential, live independently with supportive services and engage in community life. We are an Everett-based nonprofit serving residents with modest incomes who struggle with significant disabilities. We believe that decent, safe, affordable and accessible housing is the key to recovery, strength, stability and successful community living.
The Willows at Melvin Place, a HUD 811 Community located at 2506 Melvin Ave, Everett, WA 98203, will provide 7 one-bedroom units of Permanent Supportive Housing with rental subsidy for Very Low Income persons with disabilities in October of 2011.
- Must be 18 or older, diagnosed with a Chronic Mental Illness and meet program income limits
- 4 ground floor units for residents with ADA needs have roll-in showers and other amenities
- Preferences given to applicants with additional physical or developmental disabilities
- Additional points for applicants who are homeless or discharging from licensed care settings
- Developed by Washington Home of Your Own in partnership with Senior Services of Snohomish County, Sunrise Services, Inc. and Housing Authority of the City of Everett
We will be taking applications for The Willows at Melvin Place on Tuesday, August 16, 2011, from 9:00 am to 4:30 pm at the Sunrise main office located at 811 Madison St., Everett, 98203. Applications will also be taken at the Everett Housing Authority, 3107 Colby Ave, Everett, WA 98201 on the same date and times.
We will only receive applications for one day at these two locations. After that the list WILL BE CLOSED.
Applications will be accepted in person only in the order applicants arrive in the lobby. Date and time will be noted for later reference. Please bring a completed pre-application (see link to the right), Picture ID, Social Sec. Card, proof of income, assets and birth certificate.